Saturday, December 04, 2010

impossible gift


a package arrived for me the other day. it was a little belated birthday gift from mom. inside, 3 boxes of the newly developed (no pun intended) film stocks from the impossible project. a triple dip for my land cameras in three delicious flavors. sepia to chronicle my anachronistic activities with serious grain, blue for my fits of melancholy and of course the dessert, chocolate. i'm already racking my brain to come up with some serious subject matter.
but even opening that package and looking at and handling the contents. i've really missed that connection to analog instant film. it's nice to have something that you can touch. and then taking a closer look at the package, i discovered they are labeled "paul giambarba edition" which led me through a fantastic voyage of discovery about this creative genius behind the look and feel of all polaroid graphics and design from the time. he had a great quote i read which said "you know how long it takes to do simple? about ten times longer than fast and dirty." have no fear mr. g, i will take my sweet time getting it right.


No comments: