Friday, December 24, 2010

holy


and once again, the circle brings us nearly back to the beginning or the end, depending. and as i have stumbled around this Christmas season, making my rounds and sampling the eggnog, a certain song has permeated my consciousness this year. I didn't go looking for it, but rather it found me. and it has inhabited my meditations on this season. to fully appreciate the meaning check out wikipedia's article and the original literal english translation here.
if you can take the time and escape for just a few minutes, i invite you to hear it again afresh. this version is one of my favorites. a little like being back in my boyhood church and then suddenly seeing the walls explode. nothing to watch, so just close your eyes and feel the love that is reaching out to you from Heaven.

(photo courtesy of fred waring and his pennsylvanians)

No comments: