Monday, July 19, 2010

right hand drive

i got my first taste today of driving on the other side. i went to see my friend joe (everybody goes to joe's) and he let me take this sweet little 68 for a ride. got it from a little old lady from japan where it was imported and lived for a while before coming to the states. it was very strange at first to sit in the passenger seat on the left side and it took me a minute to orient my self once i slid over to the other side. pedals are still arranged the same, and the shift pattern is the same too, except now i'm reaching with the left hand and that feels a little weird too. when i parked it on a right hand curb it was so easy because all i had to do was stick my head out the window and line it up. i have to say, overall i really had fun and am now ready to tackle the streets of london!

No comments: