Friday, May 28, 2010

the winner's circle

one of the great things about having kids is you get to buy yourself toys all over again. at some point in my teenage years (of cool depravity no doubt) my mom gave away most of my hot wheels. so over the years i've kept my eyes open for all the ones i wished i'd had.
this "porsche section" of my hot wheel garage is perhaps my favorite. granted, none of them are actually "hot wheel". the 911 convertible, 911 carrera, 959, 917 racer and the 911 turbo are in fact made by "maisto" which i find produces cars with a more european and stock feel. the 914 is the latest addition and it is a matchbox. we are still on the hunt for the 356 and 550.
at first my instinct was to guard these little treasures and protect them from harm, but as you can see they have been well "loved". this as it should be. for as close as i may actually get to owning some of these they should still be driven hard.

No comments: